Unscheduled jobs, a source of valuable data, often are not reported.
Here is one way several Benchmate users capture this information with minimum effort.
- Machine operator reports problem to supervisor.
- Supervisor verifies problem and creates a Benchmate Trouble Call identifying the equipment and describing the problem.
- Supervisor prints Trouble Call and gives to maintenance technician doing emergency maintenance in supervisor’s dept or area.
- Technician makes entry in Benchmate Service Log before leaving.
This approach has several significant benefits:
- All emergency maintenance is tracked (avoids ‘slipping through the crack’).
- Maintenance Dept does not have to schedule emergency jobs.
- Maintenance History can be used to detect failure patterns and associate with particular machines.